GAP Statistiken ?! Wie richtig sind sie?

Hier findet ihr alles zum Thema Tierschutz
Antworten
Greyhound-Forum
Administrator

GAP Statistiken ?! Wie richtig sind sie?

Beitrag von Greyhound-Forum »

I was wondering if anyone knows the actual statistics for the GAP programme in NSW? How many dogs actually find homes as compared to how many are put down.
We sent 3 of our beautiful greyhounds to the programme. 1 in Sept. 2011 & 2 in April 2012. As we've become older it's so very hard to have them put down (we can't keep them anymore) so we decided to put them into GAP. The 1st little 23kg bitch was put down & I was told that she was aggressive & went to bite the assessor. When she left here she didn't have an aggressive bone in her body. I only found out today (I have rang & left messages before) that the other 2 were also put down. The reason I was given was that their prey drive was too high when they were tested with the little fluffy dog. I was of the opinion that they would be re-trained when they went into the programme so that they got used to other animals.
We had to get extra vaccinations, send muzzles for each of them & pay $100 per dog.
As hard as it would have been we would have had them put down at the vet ourselves. We had to take them to the Gardens where they were then taken to Peats Ridge & then presumably after a couple of days to a vet to be put down with no one who loved them there to cuddle them & tell them how much they were loved. They wouldn't have known what was going on.
I'm so saddened by this situation & would never send another dog to the GAP programme or never support them in any way again.
eine berechtigte Frage, oder?

aus dem Greyhound-data Forum.

Vielleicht kann oder mag es jemand übersetzen?
Bild
Nur wer einmal seinen Windhund jagen gesehen hat, der weiß, was er an der Leine hat!
Michaela
Rumford

Re: GAP Statistiken ?! Wie richtig sind sie?

Beitrag von Rumford »

Tja, auch bei den Rescueorganisationen ist nicht alles Gold was glänzt, welch ein Wunder.
Das Problem könnte man simpelst umgehen, wenn die Damen und Herren Renngreybesitzer, die ihre Hunde ja angeblich so lieben, sich ihrer Verantwortung stellen und sich endlich mal SELBST um die Unterbringung ihrer ausgedienten Renner kümmern würden - aber diese Idee ist anscheinend zu abwegig.
Rumford Greyhounds
http://www.houndstation.de
veronica

Re: GAP Statistiken ?! Wie richtig sind sie?

Beitrag von veronica »

und wenn die damen und herren renngreyzüchter ihre schützlinge so wahnsinnig lieben, dann frage ich mich , warum sie da überhaupt mitmachen??
kriegt man nicht auch eu-gelder fürs anbauen von kartoffeln?
Antworten

Zurück zu „Tierschutz“