*Mithilfe gesucht: Studie über Dornwarzen beim Grey

Ein großes Problem beim Greyhound: Corns an den Ballen, die sehr schmerzhaft sind
Antworten
Greyhound-Forum
Administrator

*Mithilfe gesucht: Studie über Dornwarzen beim Grey

Beitrag von Greyhound-Forum »

Na .... hier haben doch leider ein paar Besitzer das Problem.

Bitte macht doch mit!
Der Tierarzt Richard Doughty BVSc, MB, ChB(Hons), MSc sucht Teilnehmer für eine Online-Umfrage zum Thema Dornwarzen bei Windhunden. Diese schmerzhafte Erkrankung kommt bevorzugt bei Renngreys und Whippets vor, wir hatten hier über Behandlungsmöglichkeiten berichtet. Für die Umfrage werden nicht nur die Halter betroffener Hunde gesucht, sondern auch diejenigen, deren Greyhounds noch nie Probleme damit hatten
http://katrin-und-joachim.de/2015/12/21 ... rwuenscht/

PS: wenn jemand Lust&Zeit hat nicht jeder ist so der engl. Sprache mächtig, um den Fragebogen zu verstehen - könnte das jemand vollständig übersetzen?
Bild
Nur wer einmal seinen Windhund jagen gesehen hat, der weiß, was er an der Leine hat!
Michaela
Greyhound-Forum
Administrator

Re: Mithilfe gesucht: Studie über Dornwarzen beim Grey

Thank you for participating in this survey regarding paw pad corns in sighthounds.

This survey has developed from work I have been doing on the paw corn pads in racing greyhounds. The problem of paw pad corns is both frustrating and intriguing, and has been thought to be a problem exclusive to racing greyhounds. During the course of my research I have had a number of owners of other sighthounds breeds contact me, informing me that their dogs have also had problems with corns. Therefore because of a relative lack of scientific literature on this topic I decided to expand my research to include all breeds of sighthounds.

For those who are not familiar with what corns are they are hard, well defined, areas on the toe pads. They often protrude from the pad and are typically very painful. They are similar to corns that develop on human feet. The National Greyhound Adoption Programme has a great site:

http://www.ngap.org/greyhound-health-corn-y301.html.

Images of digital pad corns can be obtained by searching for ´greyhound corns´on the internet.

It is important that as many owners as possible take part in the survey whether they have a dog with corns or not!

Even if your dog(s) have never had a corn the information you supply about your dog act allows a comparison to be made between those that have corn and those that do not, and therefore risk factor can be identified. Furthermore we would like sighthounds that participate in all sorts of different activities, so please take part whether your dog is a champion racing or a family companion!

It has been difficult to design a survey that encompasses all the different activities that sighthounds do. Therefore we have split up the survey into three tables. The first sections asks you about general information about your dog(s). The second about what activities it(s) involved in and how often. The third section asks about paw pad corns. You can supply information for up to 10 dogs. If you have more than 10 dogs you can fill in a new survey form the remaining dogs. It is important that the dog number remains the same for each section, i.e. dog 1 is dog 1 in all sections.

This research requires the goodwill of the owners of these fantastic dogs, and for that I thank you in advance!

The questionnaire takes around 5 - 10 minutes. All replies are anonymous.

Your feedback is important!
Schritt 1 (Hunde benennen)
This section asks you about basic information such as sex, breed, colour etc.You can give information for up to 10 dogs. If you have more than 10 dogs you can fill out a second survey. In the breeds section we have included a number of non-sighthounds breeds that often take part in competitions with sighthounds. Furthermore we have included Lurchers (sighthound x working/herding breed) and Longdogs (sighthound x a different sighthound breed. For each of these we have listed three types of lurcher/longdog crosses i.e. greyhound cross, whippet cross and lurcher/longdog (other). If you choose lurcher/longdog (other) and know what combination your dogis please record it in the comments. With regard to colour, we are aware of the large number of different coat colours various breeds have. We have deliberately limited the number of coat colours, and are aware some dogs may have coat colours that do not exactly fit. If that is the case please choose the nearest coat colour.
immer die gleichen Reihenfolge der Hunde einhalten. Benennen der sportlichen Belastung (Rennen. Coursing etc.) - wann mit dem rennen begonnen, wie viele Rennen pro Monat, ob der Hund noch an Rennen teilnimmt. Aufwelchem Untergrund er seine Aktivität (rennbahn) ausführte und auf welchem Untergrund er Freizeitaktivitäten hat.
immer die gleichen Reihenfolge der Hunde einhalten. Welche der Hunde hatte corns, welche nicht.
Here we ask you to record any of you dogs that have, or have had, corns. Please remember that the dog keeps the same number as in the other sections, i.e. dog 1 is always dog 1 in all sections, dog 2 is dog 2 in all section etc.
This sections ask you to specify the activities each of your dogs take part in. We are aware that some dogs take part in a number of activities, for example, showing and lure coursing. In such cases please pick the main activity (the one the dog does/did most often).
schwierig bei der letzten Spalte, wo gefragt wird, ob ein verwandter Hund Corns hat/hatte ... bei Ex.-Racer weiß man das ja nicht.
hier kann man Anmerkungen bzgl. Polsterungen abgeben.
Please give any comment regarding your thought or beliefs about paw pad corns in the text box below
Bild
Nur wer einmal seinen Windhund jagen gesehen hat, der weiß, was er an der Leine hat!
Michaela
Greyhound-Forum
Administrator

Re: Mithilfe gesucht: Studie über Dornwarzen beim Grey

hier könnt ihr reinschauen
Umfrage-corns.pdf
(244.44 KiB) 198-mal heruntergeladen
Bild
Michaela
Antworten

Zurück zu „Corns beim Greyhound“